10 May 2011

home

I am home for the summer now. It's so nice to be able to relax and calm down from the last few hectic weeks of the semester. And I am really happy to finally have some more time to do things that I enjoy -- reading (no textbooks!), crafting, shopping, hanging out by the pool (e.g. my essentials of a good summer) -- but I am beginning to already miss my Blacksburg life.

I miss the bustling around and there never being a dull moment at the Nest.

I miss the lunches, the coffee dates, the dinners when we actually have time to cook.

I miss learning (ugh, I am a dork...).

But, most of all, I miss the people.

I know that this summer holds some exciting things, and, don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to every second. Maybe my outlook on the summer will change once I start my internship; I hope it does. I don't like sitting here wishing I was somewhere else, I want to truly be wherever I am and enjoy everything that one place has to offer.

So, here's to a successful, fun and exciting summer at home. I promise to live in the moment and make every second count.

No comments:

Post a Comment