23 May 2011

my first day

Today was my first day as a technical writing intern at AOL. Even though the building is huge (I pretty much only know the way from my cubicle to the bathroom) and I met so many people yet I don't remember anyones name, I love it. I'm actually excited to have a "big girl" job.

Here are a few of my favorite things about today:

- My cubicle. I have my own space with my own phone and my own computer and laptop. It makes me feel so grown up. I seriously never thought I would be so excited to sit in a cubicle, but it makes me feel like I am a contributing member of the company and I like that a lot.

- My badge. It is green with a paint splotch AOL logo. It makes me feel official. I was warned to remember to take it with me everywhere so I don't get locked in the stairwells. Note taken.

- Free stuff. (What a college kid statement, huh?) Today I got a free bag, water bottle, notebook, pens and an umbrella. I am officially branded by AOL.

- The people. Everyone is so incredibly nice and helpful. Everyone was willing to take time out of their day to introduce themselves and they really made me feel welcome. I am so excited to get to know them more each day so I can become part of the group too.

- Being at a company where people love what they do. Each person is passionate about their job and about the company. That's the kind of place I want to work. I love what I do. I want to be at a company that will foster that and help it grow. Being around people that eager and ready to work only makes me more excited.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm so excited to meet more people and get to know each person more (and hopefully learn everyone's names...fingers crossed!). I'm ready to dive into the projects and get to work. And, hopefully, it will be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment