02 July 2011

long weekend

It's 8:06am on a Saturday morning. I am fully awake, although I wish that my body would have let me sleep in more. I am still nestled in my bed; warm sheets tossed around me. The sun is beaming in my bedroom, calling me to go outside.

It's a long weekend. And I feel like my body and soul are craving it. I am constantly going so this weekend my goal is to stop.

Stop worrying about the littlest things. Stop running around. Stop working.

This long weekend is about rest for me. A time when I can just slow down and relax. I'm going to take the time to do things that I've been wanting to do for a long time; reading by the pool, going to a two hour yoga class on Monday morning, crafting.

It's now 8:20am, time to get up. A beautiful summer day is waiting for me and I plan on enjoying every second of it.

Happy long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment