11 February 2011

21 days later

I finally finished my yoga challenge!! Wednesday was my last day, and it felt so weird not to do a practice yesterday. I am proud of myself for accomplishing this and making it (barely sometimes) through the entire 21 days straight. I thought I was crazy when I signed up for this challenge but it helped me in more ways than I ever thought. Here's a little bit of what I learned during the last 21 days:

1. Breathing cures everything.
2. Strength comes not just from your body but also your mind.
3. Setting goals and then accomplishing them is the best feeling ever.
4. Taking time to exercise is so healing; body, mind, spirit, everything.
5. Yoga is the best work out. In just 21 days I feel more flexible and strong. I also think I worked every muscle in my body during each practice.
6. Sometimes it's nice to be alone, clear your mind completely and just be. No stress, no drama, just in the moment.
7. Exercising is always good for you, even if you may not want to do it at all.
8. The ends justify the means.
9. Loving your body is so important; your body is a temple, honor it.
10. Working hard is worth it.

I miss yoga already. I want to be in the place that I am when I practice yoga all day, every day. I can feel my body aching for my mat and the peace I find within it. I am free of everything when I do yoga - it's just me, my mat, my maker, and my time. When you have something like that, treasure it. An escape is what everyone needs in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment