06 February 2011

days twelve - seventeen

Lately, my yoga challenge has not been going so well. I mean, my work outs are awesome but I have become so involved with school and trying to get all my work done that my challenge has been put on the back burner. And I absolutely hate that. The past few practices have felt rushed and insincere. I even found myself texting during one of the flows. UGH. Before, I would do jumping jacks and sit ups and push up to warm up but that has stopped. Now, I am doing the practices just to get them over with. Even the first thing I look at now when I open the email is how much time the video is. Terrible, so terrible.

I want to have time to do them with my whole heart and body; to get back to the place I was before in the beginning of the challenge. For me, yoga is more than an exercise - it's MY time. Time with God, time to focus on just me, time to relax, time to de-stress and forget, time to remember the place where I find my happiness. I am away from everything mentally. I want to get back to that place.

How do you define your priorities? I want to have time for everything in the day. Time for relaxing, exercising, and getting my work done. But lately, I've felt more obligated to do the homework for the next days than have the proper time for my yoga practices. Am I supposed to have late nights because I take an hour and a half for yoga? Am I procrastinating too much? Should I cut out time spent with my friends or boyfriend?

Needless to say, I have some things I need to work out. So that is my goal for these last couple practices - finding balance. Advice is welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment