31 January 2011

days six - twelve

I cannot believe that I have completed day twelve of my yoga challenge - I feel like I've accomplished so much in a short amount of time. Honestly, I don't even think I want it end soon.

Days seven through ten were repeats of the beginning practices (which is why I haven't blogged much). I would've liked new practices but it was cool to see how much I've grown in these short two weeks. So, here are a few things I learned from the past six days:

- Day six hip opener practice was so good I bookmarked it. This flow was made to release tension from exercising, walking and sitting at a desk. I felt ah-mazing afterward.

- The challenge tip for day six was also incredible: "When you find yourself moving into a pose thinking, 'I can't possibly do this,' consider for a moment where you can find some joy. Wherever you are in your yoga process, however far forward you can fold or how straight (or not) you can extend your legs, explore where within the pose you can find a hint of happiness. It's there! Breathe into that space and see what happens."


- Sometimes it's fun to share yoga with people. Yoga doesn't always have to be serious and sometimes it's nice to have fun with the poses while still getting a work out.


- Core Focus is amazing. I recommend this as a morning or afternoon practice, especially if you have plans to eat a ton that day (always?) or if you have to wear a tight dress that night.


- Hurting your back sucks. Especially when the next practice is backbends.


- I accomplished crane pose. I could only hold it for about ten seconds but it's something and I'm proud of myself.


Only eight more days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment