01 January 2011

happy new year

It's a new year. Here are my thoughts:

- I rung in the new year on my couch with my mom. I was super sour about this. I mean, I love my mom and I love hanging out with her but I wanted to go out and dress up and drink champagne and kiss my boyfriend at midnight. So I spent most of the night wallowing in my self pity (terrible!). We went to bed literally at 12:10; the ball dropped, we said happy new year and then turned out the lights. Is bringing in the new year in a poor mood a bad omen for the year to come?

- Shopping is my favorite thing ever. What an expensive hobby (this kills me, seriously). I spent new years day in Leesburg with my mom and sister going in cute little boutiques and antique stores. I am obsessed with anything homemade and super crafty/adorable.

- I didn't make a new years resolution. Bad? Good? I am honestly indifferent about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I kept trying to think of a really great resolution but everything I came up with seemed...I don't know...old? I thought of past new years' resolutions and I always seem so excited about it but then it wares off. So, what's the point?

- Nail polish. This morning I painted my fingernails the most obnoxious shade of lightish purple...and I absolutely love it. I have a huge jar filled with OPI nail polishes in all sorts of shades and colors, plus the five more I got for Christmas. My nails make a statement - the brighter, the better.

Happy 2011. I hope that God has big plans for me this year; ones that involve love and prosperity and hope. And I hope that I am blessed with the patience and strength to get through the tough ones too.

peace out 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment