07 January 2011

i love visits

I just spent a wonderful three days with my boyfriend. We went on a date the first night to our favorite restaurant (Big Bowl - literally the best stir fry in the whole world) and then got cupcakes at this cute little bakery in Reston Town Center. I picked out chocolate oreo and he picked out chocolate filled with caramel. We spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch, too full to eat our cupcakes (don't worry we split them later!).

The next day we got up (this meaning I got up and practically had to drag him out of his bed) and went to DC for the day. We rode the metro in, giving us plenty of time to fantasize about the future of living in a big city with high profile jobs. Then we headed to 9th Street to the Spy Museum. We spent the afternoon reading, learning and goofing off. Matt decided it would be a good idea to top off the adventure with Starbucks - my thoughts exactly.

We spent that night playing board games with my family and one of our best friends. And it was seriously so fun! We played Last Word; it was crazy, loud, and full of laughs...the perfect combination. His last day here we spent relaxing. In honor of the previous night, we played countless rounds of Skip Bo and Yahtzee. (By the way, I am the ultimate winner!) We talked, cuddled, and spent quality time just the two of us (he even watched a chick flick with me). And it was perfect.

Being together after being separated for a long time really makes me realize all the little things I love about dating him:

I love the way he holds me - he is almost a foot taller than me and I fit perfectly wrapped up in his arms.
I love how he knows how I truly feel without having to ask me. And how he knows when I am hiding from it.
I love that he is so patient with me, especially when I wake up him up with my morning person excitement.
I love how I can talk to him about anything and everything. I have no secrets, I promise.
I love how we laugh together.
I love when he kisses me on the cheek or forehead even when I don't ask.
I love that he thinks I am beautiful and how tells me so. It is because he thinks I am beautiful that I begin to believe it myself.

So here it is - true love at its finest:

No comments:

Post a Comment