09 January 2011

operation get fit

As I lay here in my bed all I can think about is everything I ate today: french toast plus coffee that had way too much creamer in it (...and then another coffee at work), a ridiculous amount of pasta from Vapianos at 4:30 in the afternoon (is that considered lunch or dinner?), a Chinese concoction my sister made at the acceptable dinner time, and, finally, a huge ass cupcake. UGH. I seriously had a food baby all day long.

Despite my boyfriend's very sweet attempts to calm me down from the panic mode I was in all day, I have decided to let my paranoia of gaining 3985 pounds get the best of me and get fit again.

I thought my eating habits were bad at school, but then I come home for the holidays and I'm surrounded by turkey and mashed potatoes...and cookies...and pecan pie....and Christmas candy. Oh. Dear. Gosh. Yummy delicious holiday foods I will not let you get the best of me!

So here are my vows for a healthier, more fit Spring 2011 semester:

1. Eat good foods (and by this I mean healthier foods, not more cupcakes). The less sweets the better (ugh, so tough). Limit my intake of fatty foods. Stop freaking snacking all the time. Drink more water than I ever thought was possible in a day. Make better choices in the dining hall.

2. Do more yoga. I LOVE yoga. I am a serious yogi in the summer when I have time to go to classes and actually work out, but during the school year I slack hard core. I told myself last summer that I was going to get up every morning and do yoga...did that happen? Nope. When I get back to school, I WILL take my yoga mat out of my closet, pop in a yoga DVD, and work out at least three or four times a week (this will most likely be by force). Plus, I just signed myself up for a 21 day yoga challenge with Yoga Journal online. And it begins tomorrow. I am crazy.

That's as far as I got in my plans; it isn't much, but it's a start. And now it's in writing, so I feel a bit more obligated to actually do it. Updates on the yoga challenge to come (if it doesn't kill me first...which it just might).

No comments:

Post a Comment